After that long, hot summer—which technically isn’t over yet—we are excited to resume our traditional activities! Our journey into the captivating world of gems and minerals restarts with our highly anticipated September Monthly Meeting.
📢 Event Details:
- Date: Sunday, September 17
- Time: 1:00 PM
- Location: BETTER FAMILIES THROUGH TAE KWAN DO
- Address: 6723 SW 81 Street (just behind THE BIG CHEESE, a South Dade dining landmark), half-a-block off the intersection of SW 67 Ave and US 1
Parking Notice: Please avoid parking your car in THE BIG CHEESE lot. We have a spacious, paved parking lot adjacent to our building, accessible from SW 81st Street. You can enter the building directly from the parking lot.
Our meetings are crafted to be a blend of informative, educational, and fun experiences!
- Engage in our usual meet-and-greet activity
- Hear announcements about the current Club status and upcoming activities
- Participate in a Q&A session
- Enjoy our traditional stone-of-the-month feature
Special Presentation by Alan Meltzer
A long-time mineral collector and curator, Alan will mesmerize us with a show-and-tell on RAINBOW WOOD—the spectacularly colorful variety of Petrified Wood.
We’re elevating our meetings with exciting door prizes, delicious refreshments, and our ever-popular gem-and-mineral raffles.
Visitors are always welcome! Embark on a journey of discovery, learning, and fun. We can’t wait to see you there!
A Glimpse into the Mystical World of Dino Gembone
During our last meeting, we were honored to host Alan Meltzer, a renowned mineral collector and curator. Alan brought to life the enigmatic beauty of Dino Gembone, a vibrantly colorful variety of Petrified dinosaur bone. Here’s a visual recap of the mesmerizing show-and-tell that unveiled the ancient and mystical world encapsulated in these stunning relics of time.